Diet Tips From Scott Jurek, Ultrarunner And Vegan
One of the biggest questions I get as a runner is “what can I do to be a more efficient runner?” Whether you are getting ready for your annual Memorial Day Fun Run or make a living running Ultramarathons, what you put in your body is the most important aspect to your training regimen.
Here are 5 Diet Tips To Optimize Your Running.
1. Lentils and beans. Packed with protein and carbs, they
are a staple in almost every culture around the globe. Try making a Lentil-Mushroom Burger. An alternative is a dense Pea Protein Powder.
2. Grains. While some give grains a bad rap, whole grains have been consumed for thousands of years and were used as a calorie source that traveled well for nomadic tribes and warriors going into battle. Quinoa was a staple of the Incas and is technically a seed, not a grain, and has all essential amino acids. Brown rice is another option.
3. Tempeh. This super dense veggie protein has one gram of fat to three grams of protein. It’s my go-to when I feel I need a protein punch.
4. Kale/Lacinato. Kale is touted as one of the best vegetables, and we all have been told to get more greens in our diet. Steam, sauté or chop it raw into salads. You can even throw it into your smoothie.
5. Flax oil blend/Udo’s Oil. Essential fatty acids are critical for all functions in the body and most of us don’t get enough nor know how to get them in our diet. I used to grind flax seeds and hemp seeds and always guessed if I was getting enough. Now using an Omega 3-6-9 oil blend like Udo’s Oil 3-6-9 has taken the guesswork out of my diet. I add it to my smoothies, cereal and salads.
By Scott Jurek
i have lost all motivation..
Thanks to PMS and laziness. I have eaten cookies…LOTS of cookies. All kinds of horrible junk, and fried nastiness. No more! I need to just do my body a solid and stop all this unhealthy behavior. No more junk, no more hookah, no more occasional cig with friends. No more no more. Its time to get back into routine.
".:It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who you think you are:."